Hibi Scrub Improved 500ml
Hibi Scrub Improved 500ml.
Hibi Scrub is an antimicrobial preparation for pre-operative surgical hand disinfection, antiseptic hand washing on the ward and pre-operative and post-operative skin antisepsis for patients undergoing elective surgery.
Method of Administration:
- For external use only
Pre-operative surgical hand disinfection:
- Wet the hands and forearms, apply 5ml of Hibiscrub and wash for one minute cleaning the fingernails with a brush or scraper. Rinse, apply a further 5ml of Hibiscrub and continue washing for a further 2 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
- Antiseptic handwash on the ward
- Wet the hands and forearms, apply 5ml of Hibiscrub and wash for 1 minute. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
- Pre-operative skin antisepsis for the patient
- Allow the product to dry completely before applying pads or clothing
- Applying too many layers of product may make the area feel stiff
- Application of the product under electrodes may affect readings
- Use of the product with other barrier ointments, creams or lotions may significantly reduce its effectiveness
Hibiscrub contains chlorhexidine. Chlorhexidine is known to induce hypersensitivity, including generalised allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock. The prevalence of chlorhexidine hypersensitivity is not known, but available literature suggests this is likely to be very rare. Hibiscrub should not be administered to anyone with a potential history of an allergic reaction to a chlorhexidine-containing compound.
For external use only. Keep out of the eyes and avoid contact with the brain, meninges and middle ear. In patients with head or spinal injuries or perforated ear drum, the benefit of use in pre-operative preparation should be evaluated against the risk of contact. If chlorhexidine solutions come into contact with the eyes, wash out promptly and thoroughly with water. Do not inject or use in body cavities.
*You should carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use.
*Please note images shown are for illustration purposes only and may differ from items received.
£12.50 *This product is not eligible for free shipping due to it requiring temperature-controlled delivery.