Peptamen AF 500ml Pack of 12 bottles
Peptamen® AF is a 1.5 kcal/ml enteral tube feed formulated with 100% whey protein, omega-3 fats and 50% of the fat as MCT. It is a nutritionally complete Food for Special Medical Purposes for use under medical supervision. Available as 1 case of 12 x 500ml bottles.
Peptamen AF is a high-protein, semi-elemental formula specifically formulated for enteral feeding in intensive care unit patients. Recommended for critically ill patients, including those with sepsis, ARDS, trauma and burns, the advanced formula of 100-percent hydrolyzed whey protein is designed to help manage oxidative stress, and the high-protein content helps to maintain lean body mass. It is enriched with omega-3 fatty acids to help modulate inflammatory response. It can be adjusted to the nutritional needs and tolerance of the patient.
- 1.5 kcal/ml, 9.4g protein per 100ml
- 0.36g omega-3 fats per 100ml
- Low levels of pro-inflammatory omega-6 fats: 50% of the fat as MCT.
- 100% whey protein to help manage oxidative stress and catabolism
- ACBS approved. Indicated for patients as the sole or supplemented source of nutrition on medical grounds for short bowel syndrome; intractable malabsorption; pre-operative preparation of patients who are undernourished; patients with proven IBD; following total gastrectomy; bowel
fistulae and disease related malnutrition.
- 500ml SmartflexTM collapsible semi-rigid bottles
- For enteral use only
- Suitable as a sole source of nutrition
- Not suitable for children
- Must be used under medical supervision
For the sole or supplemented source of nutrition on the medical grounds for short bowel syndrome; intractable malabsorption; pre-operative preparation of patients who are undernourished.
*You should carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use.
*Please note images shown are for illustration purposes only and may differ from items received.