Pharmacy 4 Life now on Twitter July 1, 2015 17:36Pharmacy 4 Life is now on twitter join in the conversation and follow us for all the latest products, information and updates you can find us by using @pharmacy4_Life we post all our regular news and reviews along with special offers. Keep an eye out for our Facebook page coming soon keep checking our Blog for details.
Drugs and driving: blood concentration limits set for certain drugs February 17, 2015 11:48
In July 2014 we informed you of a new offence of driving with certain medicines above specified limits in the blood. This new offence will be enforced from 2 March 2015 in England and Wales.1 The new offence does not replace any existing offences of driving whilst impaired by drugs, including licensed medicines.
Advice for healthcare professionals
Any condition requiring medical treatment may itself pose a risk to driving ability if left untreated. Therefore it is important for patients to continue their treatment.
Advice to give to patients:
- it is against the law to drive if your driving ability is impaired by any medicine
- if you are taking your medicine as directed and your driving is not impaired, then you are not breaking the law
- check the leaflet that comes with your medicine for information on how your medicine may affect your driving ability
- do not drive while taking this medicine until you know how it affects you
- do not drive if you feel sleepy, dizzy, unable to concentrate or make decisions, or if you have blurred or double vision
Article citation: Drug Safety Update volume 8 issue 7, February 2015
Welcome to Pharmacy 4 Life January 28, 2015 09:12
Welcome to Pharmacy 4 Life's Blog.
Keep up to date with the latest news and products.